LBI PTA YEARBOOK
Possible committees for the yearbook would include;
Editor – This person chairs the whole project, makes sure all aspects are completed for production, puts the yearbook together online via entourage yearbooks and edits it to make sure all students/staff/teachers are included.
6th Grade yearbook club parent– (parent would be in charge of 6th graders to meet afterschool or at recess throughout the school year to take pictures, help build pages online via entourage and do creative designing with the students)
Greetings – parent would be in charge of typing all of the greetings (on a word document) that go out starting February, collecting the money and making deposits for the PTA.
Yearbook Sales – parent would be in charge of keeping an excel list of all orders received (first name, last name, HR, paid?, ect.) and collecting the money and making deposits for the PTA. Also in charge of distributing the yearbook at the end of the school year, making labels based off the excel spreadsheet and separating yearbooks by class seems to be the best way. 6th grade gets the yearbooks for free and they always get it the day before all other students.
Class Photo’s – make sure a CD is received by the school photographer including all grades, class group photo’s and clubs. Send the CD(s) to the editor to upload onto entourage.
Tasks that also need to be done. (can be assigned to one person or several)
- Uploading on PTA website &/or printing/distributing greeting and order forms
- Soliciting pictures from all teachers for a better collection of pictures (all year do this)
- Towards April, collect a list of all staff and students and make sure you have pictures of everyone.
- Have a parent go into at recess throughout the year to take random pictures.
- Pictures needed from assemblies/class trips
- Obtain a list of all staff and students from Mrs. Miller (once in fall and again in March for any changes)
- Get BOE & PTA ex board pictures in early spring
- Work with Mrs. Benjamin in the fall to start the yearbook cover & back cover – this is the first thing that will be due for the yearbook.
- 6th Graders “All About Me” survey- send out by Feb.
- hand out forms for to the 6th graders
- take an individual picture of each 6th student for the pages
- Make sure the parent signs each form for approval
- 6th Grade Baby Pictures – Send out in Feb.
- Send notice home requesting baby pictures with due date
- Scan each picture at home and put it into a file on your computer
- Once you have ALL pictures, make a copy of the file with a list of who’s who’s and send it to the 6th grade teachers so they may use it for graduation.
- When you do the yearbook, number each picture and put the answer key in the back of the book
- Get a group shot of the graduation 6th grade class in the spring
- When you have the “people page” (individual /class pictures) done print out a copy and send it to each teacher for revisions. Should be done in April.
- Designate a person to get pictures of the bus drivers, aides, bus aides, custodians, and all secretaries so they are not forgotten!
- Ideally you should have the first draft of the yearbook DONE by early April. Then you can request a printed copy of it to review before final production.